run at your own speed...

every time someone ask me how long did it took me to reach the level where i am today with my running, i normally tell them years and that i'm still trying to improve.

unlike most of my running buddies from Nike Running Club (yes, the brand name is my running club), there's a few of us who run just for fun and for staying healthy.  majority are training for their first half-marathon or planning to run one of the big six world marathon (i.e. tokyo, boston, london, berlin, chicago and NYC).  i know a few who are actually running the marathon in antartica in a few months.

for a runner, you only have two things to think about during a registered run: (1) complete the event and (2) set your PR (personal record).  for a seasoned runner, they would put # 2 first since that's their benchmark of improvement.

i do not see myself as a seasoned runner.  i do not participate in every activity with my running club but i do try to run at least three times a week.  i know i could be doing a lot more to improve but for now, i do not see myself running a full marathon.  i was registered for the berlin half-marathon this coming march but because of my new job, i have to cancel  - i cannot take time-off.  maybe someday...

to date, i have only participated in two, yes 2 registered run - a 4 miler back in 2012 and a half-marathon in 2014.  i've been running for 4 years.


yes, below is a picture of me running in central park two weeks ago when the temperature was below zero.  i was wearing 5 top layers just to stay warm.
 
**photo credit: Nike+Live
 



6 comments:

  1. I seriously peaked in Jr. High as far as running goes. I like to walk now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i never played any sports in high school...so i am trying to get my teens back. LOL!!!

      Delete
  2. hmmm... your post makes me think of going back to running. hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. as per my running club motto, Just Do It!!! :)

      Delete
  3. I want to run but I think I have learned to love dancing na. Dancing alone in our living room while everyone is out of the house for they day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey, as long as you enjoy it and you keep moving, it a o k in my books. :)

      Delete

 

About Me

Growing up, I used to want to change the world. Now, I just don't give a damn.

instagram

friends i stalk

Friends