point A to point B..........

dear jo, dom, em, dylan, and nicky:


the big news today here in NYC is the passing of the MTA for a 25% increase on the fare hikes and some service cuts....which means the cost of one ride would go up from $2.00 to $2.50. this is ridiculous. with the economy being at its worst, how can people afford this absurd increase.

ok, at the present moment, i pay $81 for my one month fare but with the new fare, i would pay $103. it's good that i get this special program from my work where they take money out of my check once a month. it gives me a lot of savings since it's pre-tax but still, the cost can be unbearable.

also, one of the service cuts they are planning to do is the bus that i normally take from the subway station to my job. that's about 10 to 15 minutes bus ride. i actually have no problem right now since i prefer to walk and the weather is not that bad. but imagine during the winter time.....not a good thing.

now, the question is, will Albany provided any help? they better do it soon or else it will be in effect on june 1st.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About Me

Growing up, I used to want to change the world. Now, I just don't give a damn.

instagram

friends i stalk

Friends