my first week back to work.......

dear jo, dom, em, dylan, and nicky:

so how was my first week back at work feels? well it was weird. first of all, my jetlag was a major problem. i had to buy a venti black and white hot chocolate in the morning and a venti white mocha frappucino in the afternoon just to have caffeine to wake me up for the whole work day. never in my life i had too much caffeine in one day...and were talking about 3 to 4 days straight. second, since i am not new to the company (and like what i told everyone at work), i was basically just went for a long vacation (i left back in october '08 which makes it 7 months). i should have said i went for a maternity leave as a joke (ha ha ha).

finally i got an office, not a cubicle. it's not as big as the one that i previously had in my former job but whose complaining......at least now i can have privacy. question now is when will i personalize my office??? as i told a colleague of mine, i'll wait for my probation to end. yes, you heard me right. i have a 6 months probation. after working for the company 8 years and was just away for 7 months, i got a probationary period for my new position. it's the company protocol so what can i do except prove to them that i am worth it.....

on a sad note, the first day that i returned to work was also the day they handed out pink slips to a few individuals. one of them was a close colleague of mine so it was a bitter sweet return.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About Me

Growing up, I used to want to change the world. Now, I just don't give a damn.

instagram

friends i stalk

Friends