Viva Mexico!!!!

 

**Catedral Metropolitana de la Ciudad de México

Ok, that maybe over exaggerated. 


Traveling for most came to halt since last year.   You either do a staycation or just do nothing at all.  And if you were a frequent traveler prior to covid, the itch to go to another country is a big temptation to break any rules.

Mexico being a country where negative result is not needed to enter the country,  its a no brainer to visit this country.

Planning

Ok, I am a person who believes that in order to enjoy your travel, you need to organize your trip way in advance.  I do not swear to commit to the plan I make.....spur of the moment is also tolerable.  But I prefer to know the where and when.

Visitacity.com has always been my go-to site.  From there, I can get an idea/structure on what to do.  Best this about this site it that you can build your trip from it whether its 1 day to a few weeks.  

Once i completed that, I start looking at fellow bloggers/vloggers.  This is when it becomes more personalized.  Since everyone has different opinion from one person so another, you can get an idea what is highly recommenced and what can be optional.

Getting there from NYC

Aeromexico was the cheapest choice for me the time I booked my flight. I planned to take the red eye flight so that I can save monies from staying at a hotel overnight while maximizing my days.  The price for the economy versus business class was not big so I decided to get the business class (300++ vs 500++).  Sad to say, my scheduled flight was cancelled (I guess not too many passengers) so they moved me to the last flight the day before my original plan.  

First impression

It's like Manila.  Yes, that came out of my mouth while on our way from airport to hotel.  

The feel, the vide, the structure....reminds me of Manila.

Ok, it was 11 pm and no one was around but that was what I noticed.   I was with a coworker who had visited Manila 2 years ago and she thought of Manila as well.

I guess any Spanish influenced country,  there will always similarities. 
 
 
**Museo Nacional de Antropología

 

Commute

Uber is the king when it comes to the best way to go around Mexico City.  It is cheap and the fastest way to get to your destination.  At one point, one of my trip that would cost me around $60 in NYC was only $10.

There are other options like cabs, buses, and subways but during this whole trip, we either walked or took an Uber.
 
Location
 
 We stayed at the Zona Rosa in Mexico City.  It was centrally located to everything.  Being the gay district, expect to see a lively neighborhood until the late nights.  With the covid restrictions, bars/clubs closes around 11 am.  
 
Food   
 
I'm not going to review the obvious: tacos, mole, churros, and so forth.  What I would say is that try to eat everything if you can.  Enjoy the food of the country you are visiting.  Try bot to eat on fancy restaurants only but to to the corner food court.  I bet you, you'll enjoy it the same way you eat those fancy food.
 

**Mercado Coyoacán


**Fresh Salsa from Guzina Oaxaca

**Veggie Tacos from La Pitahaya Vegana

 

Drink

Mezal and Tequila.  Need I say more??


**Mixed Mezcal Drink
 
**Teotihuacan


**Xochimilco

 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About Me

Growing up, I used to want to change the world. Now, I just don't give a damn.

instagram

friends i stalk

Friends