new york, new york............

dear jo, dom, em, dylan, and nicky:

living in here in new york, always expect the unexpected. after the Sept. 11, 2001 attack, after the big blackout of 2003, what else can new yorker expect to see.....a geyser in the middle of midtown manhattan???

close to 6 in the afternoon yesterday, that's what exactly happened. a geyser appeared out of no where. i was still at work (i was working until 7) when a co-worker of mine told me that there was an explosion around the 41st street area. i'm located in upper midtown so we were unaware. earlier that day, a few trains were having some trouble due to the unexpected downpour of rain. so after the explosion, we already know that there will be another train delay. since i'm not close to the site, i thought i was safe and i will have no problem with the train that i take. guess what happened next?? granda called me and informed me that my train was not running. BUGGER!!!!!!!!!!!! now i am screwed.

i was planning to take another train and take a bus to go home. but i decided to see if they resume my train. i went to the 59th st./lexington station wishing that there will be service. i guess all the gods of the world was listening to me because MTA-NY decided to make 59th st. station the last stop (which means my train was running). YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



"It's nice to know that in addition to exploding manhole covers and collapsing trap doors/subway grates we New Yorkers can expect the street to erupt from underneath us. Not to make light of the situation."
Photo and quote from GenEx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About Me

Growing up, I used to want to change the world. Now, I just don't give a damn.

instagram

friends i stalk

Friends